Lethalmod is a Max Payne 2 mod that changes the gameplay to make combat more
realistic and deadly.
Permission is granted to use the components of this mod as part of
another mod as long as credit is given to the original author for the
Current Version: 1.1
lethalmod_1_1.zip (112 KB)
Place the "LethalMod 1.1.mp2m" file in your Max Payne 2 Directory.
After starting the game launcher choose LethalMod from the "Choose
Customised Game" box.
WARNING: Savegames created with some mods might not be compatible
with the normal game (or other mods). I reccommend you back up your
savegames (In your "My Documents" folder) first.
- Weapon damage and penetration dramatically increased - in most
cases doubled! This makes the game far more intense on the later
levels, although the first few are easier. The stairway scene in the
final level is particularly hard, as a few rifle rounds will kill Max.
- Weapon accuracy decreased. In particular, akimbo weapons are far
more inaccurate now, especially the Eagles and Ingrams.
- Ammo carrying capacity reduced, also the amount of ammo obtained
from pickups is reduced (to compensate for the increased weapon power -
less shots are fired to kill an enemy).
- Firing speed tweaking. Automatic weapons ROF has been increased.
Akimbo ROF decreased, shotgun ROF slightly decreased.
- Clip capacity tweaking (Beretta 15, Desert Eagle 8...)
- Weapon preference order changed to take into account the above
changes. I have put the dual Eagles/Ingrams below their single
counterparts because they are now less practical.
- Bullettime and regeneration tweaking.
- Enemies are now terrible shots, especially earlier in the game.
This makes the game a fair bit easier. I might change this in a later
- Variable difficulty now more variable.
- Max's health decreased from 250 to 150 and Mona's from 250 to 100 (!)
- Blood effect uses more liquid bitmaps and less smoke bitmaps, so it
looks more like splattering blood than red smoke. Number of particles
has been doubled (sorry to those with a slow machine)
- Blood decals increased in size and number.
- Increasing the weapon damage has affected the ragdolls - when shot
enemies can fly over 10 metres. I can't see any way to decrease the
ragdoll weapon knockback without increasing the ragdoll weighting, which
would affect all sorts of other things.
If anyone knows how to decrease weapon knockback please tell me!
I haven't been playing Max Payne 2 much recently (2005-01-05) so
it's unlikely there will be any further development.
Generated Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:14:43 +1100
Copyright © 2002-2014 Dylan Leigh.
[HTML 4.01 Transitional]